Monday, April 11, 2011

Do "beauty" contests (Mr. America, Miss America, etc.) serve any purpose in society?

I think that the Mr. and Miss America beauty contest do not serve any purpose in society. I don't think that anyone should be judge on anything just by how they look. The contest doesn't mention that it revolves completely on looks, but I have noticed that all the winners and contestants for that matter are all good looking people. I don't see what purpose it has in society because once someone wins the contest you never hear about him or her again. They don't do any good for society and society doesn't benefit from beauty contest. If anything I think it makes majority of society feel bad for themselves that they can't look like the men and women in the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment